Monday, June 14, 2010

Fried Mozzerella

This weekend, Ken and I had some friends over for dinner. I love any reason to cook and cook I did! On the menu was homemade spaghetti, tossed salad with fresh vegetables, French bread (which I forgot), and homemade cheese sticks.

Ingredients
Whole milk mozzerella cheese(soft block)
2 eggs
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs

Directions
Place flour in a bowl
Beat the two eggs in a bowl an sprinkle with salt and pepper
Place bread crumbs in a bowl

Cut the cheese in 1/2 inch slices and then cut in half.



Dip all sides lightly in the flour



Soak all sides in egg bath



Place stick in crumbs and make sure the stick is covered completely on all sides



Place sticks on a plate with wax paper and chill in the fridge for at least an hour and a half before frying and serving with marinara sauce.



And now for the finished product:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment